Stupid Culpepper quote
Jonathan Schafer
2005-01-04 00:17:53 UTC
"Nobody has won the Super Bowl at 8-8," Culpepper said. "But my whole
life I have been defining history. So it ain't no thing for me to do
it again."

What history exactly has he been defining? How not to score in the 2
minute drill? How not to get rid of the ball when you've had 5
seconds to throw? How not to read a blitz coming? How to tip the
opponent so that they know every snap count and pass so your team
loses 41 - 0?

Jonathan Schafer
Rev.BigBoa
2005-01-04 02:15:07 UTC
Post by Jonathan Schafer
"Nobody has won the Super Bowl at 8-8," Culpepper said. "But my whole
life I have been defining history. So it ain't no thing for me to do
it again."
What history exactly has he been defining? How not to score in the 2
minute drill? How not to get rid of the ball when you've had 5
seconds to throw? How not to read a blitz coming? How to tip the
opponent so that they know every snap count and pass so your team
loses 41 - 0?
Jonathan Schafer
How not to win with a "stellar" offense?

Nah, he's been defining history by "dancin" after every play!!

AH HAHAHAHA!!!!

BB
DGS
2005-01-04 02:36:28 UTC
Post by Jonathan Schafer
"Nobody has won the Super Bowl at 8-8," Culpepper said. "But my whole
life I have been defining history. So it ain't no thing for me to do
it again."
I'm gonna vomit. He's not just "redefining" history...he's "defining" it.

With one statement Duante Culpepper has made me not like him anymore.

Way to go dickhead.
Mosstoss
2005-01-04 02:52:09 UTC
Daunte Culpepper set an NFL record for most offensive yards in a season,
surpassing Dan Marino. Culpepper had 5,123 yards (4,717 passing, 406
rushing), beating out Marino's 5,077 (5,084 passing, minus-7 rushing) from
1984.

Culpepper's 27 completions brought his season total to 379, a team record.
He passed Warren Moon's 1995 mark of 377.

Culpepper's 14 first downs passing set a new team record for most in a
season. He had 224, beating out Moon's mark of 213 from 1995.
Culpepper set a team record for the highest completion percentage (69.2),
surpassing his career best of 65.0, which he set last year.

Culpepper's two TDs gave him a season total of 41 combined TDs, another team
record. He became only the fourth NFL quarterback in league history to reach
40 twice in a career, as he joined Dan Marino, Steve Young and Brett Farve.

Culpepper's TD pass to Moss tied them with Sonny Jurgensen and Charley
Taylor for 10th place in NFL history with 53 career touchdowns as a tandem.
Jurgensen and Taylor did it over an 11-year span, from 1964-74, while
Culpepper and Moss reached the mark in six years together.
Jonathan Schafer
2005-01-04 04:23:50 UTC
On Tue, 04 Jan 2005 02:52:09 GMT, "Mosstoss"
Post by Mosstoss
[...]
Who cares about his individual stats. How many games again did the
offense not score a TD in either the first or 2nd half. Team records
won't get you jack.

Jonathan Schafer
Mosstoss
2005-01-04 05:09:29 UTC
Read what he said!! Than maybe you will get what hes talking about!!!
Think about it!!!!!!!!

DGS
2005-01-04 07:19:10 UTC
Post by Mosstoss
Read what he said!! Than maybe you will get what hes talking about!!!
Think about it!!!!!!!!
"Nobody has won the Super Bowl at 8-8," Culpepper said. "But my whole life I
have been defining history. So it ain't no thing for me to do it again."
Anyway you look at it his statements are arrogant. He's neither "defined"
or "redefined" NFL history and a few team records don't mean crap to me.
Until he can get a team deep into the playoffs and get some comeback
victories to me he's just a really arrogant but talented QB. I'm sick of
his attitude though...this quote...the way he sits on the sidelines with
that "everyone's out to get me" snarl instead of rounding up the
troops...the stupid "getting his roll on" thing after he throws a TD
(without a doubt the stupidest and most embarassing celebration in the
history of the NFL). As long as Culpepper thinks it "ain't no thing" that
just means he'll get bit in the ass and disappointed yet again. Yeah
Duante...don't take it seriously or anything...it ain't no thing.
Just Me
2005-01-04 12:49:10 UTC
There is another take on what he said. Consider this: *Nobody* (and I mean
*NOBODY*) is giving the Vikes a chance to make it past the second round. In
fact most of us (that's the die-hard Purple faithful) expect the Vikes to
lose this Sunday. If you saw Mike Tice's post game after the 'skins, it's
obvious even he is not optimistic.

Maybe, just maybe, Daunte is trying to be a true leader of this team by
instilling some type of "can-do" attitude before they start playing in the
playoffs. What would all of you have repsected more - a QB who says, "We
don't have a prayer" or one who tries to give everyone else a glimmer of
hope? IMHO his status as a *leader* has improved.
RevBigBoa
2005-01-04 22:23:52 UTC
Most importantly, I think he's shown his "real" side. He's obviously totally
caught up in his own stats. He doesn't understand the concept of "team".
That's why he doesn't make a very good leader either.

He might fool me, but I doubt it. I don't think Mr. Peepers is the person to
take this team anywhere other than perhaps "most passing yards" for the
year, or some other completely useless "stat",,,,

BB
Richard Wagner -Dagwood-
2005-01-17 00:40:51 UTC
Howdy,
I'm a packer fan & have posted before. I think Daunte has tons of
talent BUT... earlier this season don't remember what game it was but the Fox
guys had Tice on and they were bemoaning how Daunte wasn't getting the
attention he deserved and that it was probably racism. Thats total BS. The
media can't get enough of Vick and the guy who deserves the credit due him
Dopnovan McNabb who will be the first Elite black QB as I posted he's been
through basd seasons injuries and has proved himself to be a Great QB. But to
say they are prejidiced against Daunte cause he's Black unreal. Maybe he's
buying into it.
DagW00d
Post by DGS
Post by Mosstoss
[...]
"Tigers Older brother DAG"

Jeff
2005-01-04 05:16:45 UTC
In addition.....

He also set an NCAA record for single-season completion percentage at .736,
breaking a 15-year-old mark set by Steve Young (.713) and accomplished a
feat equaled by only two others in NCAA history when he topped the 10,000
yard passing mark and the 1,000 yard rushing mark in his career. He finished
his career with 11,412 yards passing and 1,020 yards rushing. The only other
players to do so were Alcorn State's Steve McNair (1991-94) and Idaho's Doug
Nussmeier (1990-93). He finished his career sixth on the NCAA's all-time
total offense list for all divisions with 12,459 yards and was responsible
for 108 career touchdowns (84 passing, 24 rushing).

Sometimes it's entertaining reading these posts, but most of the time it's
pure frustration. Somehow all the blame for this pathetic team (and I am a
die hard Vikes fan) usually falls on the shoulders of Culpepper and Moss -
the two people most responsible for this team having any success at all.
Moss is one of the best receivers of all time, and if Manning wasn't having
his incredible season Culpepper would be very high on the list of MVP
candidates this year. So what do most of the idiots on this board do - rip
on him for a quote he made? Unbelievable! You must lead very boring lives! I
feel sorry for you.
DGS
2005-01-04 07:21:45 UTC
In addition.....
Post by Jeff
Sometimes it's entertaining reading these posts, but most of the time it's
pure frustration. Somehow all the blame for this pathetic team (and I am a
die hard Vikes fan) usually falls on the shoulders of Culpepper and Moss -
the two people most responsible for this team having any success at all.
Moss is one of the best receivers of all time, and if Manning wasn't
having his incredible season Culpepper would be very high on the list of
MVP candidates this year. So what do most of the idiots on this board do -
rip on him for a quote he made? Unbelievable! You must lead very boring
lives! I feel sorry for you.
Whatever...it was a stupid thing to say and speaks volumes about his
attitude as far as I'm concerned. I'm tired of losing...I want to hear the
attitude of a winner...not some guy who's more worried about sounding cool
for his friends.
The Legendary SmearMaster
2005-01-04 09:35:05 UTC
Yep, all those nice stats 'Pep just beat sure did Warren Moon & the
Vikings a whole lotta good back in the day didn't they?

Stats don't mean shit, rings do.

And I don't see him getting a ring this year.
Mosstoss
2005-01-04 11:31:03 UTC
Yep and its all his fault. Just think if we had a QB that couldnt do what he
does. I think people forget quickly what he means too this team.
Just Me
2005-01-04 12:55:20 UTC
It's time we faced facts - Culpepper is the #1 QB in the NFL (check CBS.com)
in yardage. (#2 in TDs). For all of you that say: "Stats don't mean a
thing" etc. Then why doesn't anyone want Jim McMahon back as QB (he has a
SB ring)?

You pick any QB in the NFL and put him on the Vikings squad and you'll see a
worse performance than Pepp turned in this year (with the exception of 2
games) IMHO.

dasfatkid
2005-01-04 14:24:47 UTC
Post by Just Me
It's time we faced facts - Culpepper is the #1 QB in the NFL (check CBS.com)
in yardage. (#2 in TDs). For all of you that say: "Stats don't mean a
thing" etc. Then why doesn't anyone want Jim McMahon back as QB (he has a
SB ring)?
You pick any QB in the NFL and put him on the Vikings squad and you'll see a
worse performance than Pepp turned in this year (with the exception of 2
games) IMHO.
Lets bring in a truely average QB and see what this team's record is.
what's more average than 8-8? (the only numbers that mean anything btw)

I remain firmly on the fence about Daunte. Great arm, great legs but what
about the rest? Precious few signs of a heart, guts and now I wonder about
his head. Until he develops in these areas we'll have another Dan Marino;
nice football card and zero (that's 0) rings.
Kenneth Mattson
2005-01-05 05:57:55 UTC
Post by Just Me
It's time we faced facts - Culpepper is the #1 QB in the NFL (check CBS.com)
in yardage. (#2 in TDs). For all of you that say: "Stats don't mean a
thing" etc. Then why doesn't anyone want Jim McMahon back as QB (he has a
SB ring)?
You pick any QB in the NFL and put him on the Vikings squad and you'll see a
worse performance than Pepp turned in this year (with the exception of 2
games) IMHO.
I'd take Manning or Farve over him in a heartbeat.
Just Me
2005-01-05 14:17:06 UTC
Manning I understand. Farve I don't. This man can turn the ball over
better than Pepp or anyone else.

He has one SB title (And that was a little while ago) - What has he done for
the Pack lately.

(for ***@home 'The Pack' is short for "Green Bay Packers" Don't start
assuming I like them ;-)
Winfield_Moss_Daunte = WMD's
2005-01-05 19:58:28 UTC
What's the stupid Culpepper quote? I missed it.
Just Me
2005-01-05 20:16:44 UTC
Post by Winfield_Moss_Daunte = WMD's
What's the stupid Culpepper quote? I missed it.
"Nobody has won the Super Bowl at 8-8," Culpepper said. "But my whole
life I have been defining history. So it ain't no thing for me to do
it again."

I still think that some folks aren't giving him the benefit of the doubt.
Could he be self serving? (yes-given that he uses "I" and "me") OTOH he
might just be trying to build some confidence in this team rather than throw
up his hands and say, "We don't have a prayer."
Kenneth Mattson
2005-01-06 01:40:24 UTC
Post by Just Me
Manning I understand. Farve I don't. This man can turn the ball over
better than Pepp or anyone else.
True, but he has the ability to get it done at crunch time and has done it time
and time again with the game on the line where Pepper hasn't.
Post by Just Me
He has one SB title (And that was a little while ago) - What has he done for
the Pack lately.
In the last two games against the Vikes he lead them to wins in the last two
minutes of the game. Pepper had his chance in the last game but failed to
convert.
assuming I like them ;-)
Just Me
2005-01-06 02:18:42 UTC
Post by Kenneth Mattson
Post by Just Me
Manning I understand. Farve I don't. This man can turn the ball over
better than Pepp or anyone else.
True, but he has the ability to get it done at crunch time and has done it time
and time again with the game on the line where Pepper hasn't.
I agree to an extent - Favre has many come from behind victories, but I can
point to many games where he *cost* the Packers a game when it was on the
line also.
Post by Kenneth Mattson
Post by Just Me
He has one SB title (And that was a little while ago) - What has he done for
the Pack lately.
In the last two games against the Vikes he lead them to wins in the last two
minutes of the game. Pepper had his chance in the last game but failed to
convert.
Ouch! (I hate being hit on the head with facts like that :-)

I would still take Pepp over Favre simply because of the youth factor -
Daunte is still in his prime - Favre is on the decline. I would really like
to see Daunte with at least an *average* defense on the other side of the
ball. That might end the debate about his ability (either he's get a ring
or not)
dasfatkid
2005-01-06 15:13:11 UTC
Post by Just Me
Post by Just Me
Post by Kenneth Mattson
Post by Just Me
for
the Pack lately.
In the last two games against the Vikes he lead them to wins in the last two
minutes of the game. Pepper had his chance in the last game but failed to
convert.
Ouch! (I hate being hit on the head with facts like that :-)
I would still take Pepp over Favre simply because of the youth factor -
Daunte is still in his prime - Favre is on the decline. I would really like
to see Daunte with at least an *average* defense on the other side of the
ball. That might end the debate about his ability (either he's get a ring
or not)
whether I'd take Favre or Culpepper depends on the terms. Long term,
Culpepper's a better bet, age being the determining factor but for a given
game that you need badly to win...well, let's just say Culpepper's track
record thus far speaks for it's self.
Dono Vox
2005-01-04 12:49:48 UTC
Mosstoss wrote:
Just think if we had a QB that couldnt do what he does. I think people
forget quickly what he means too this team.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I think people in this newsgroup have their minds made up about
Culpepper, both good and bad, no matter what. I look at it this way.....
Look at his awesome stats from this season, and look how the offense
sucks now. With Tice's revolving door at RB, and Linehan's play-calling,
not even Culpepper's outstanding numbers can't help.
Fred
2005-01-04 18:50:14 UTC
Post by Dono Vox
Just think if we had a QB that couldnt do what he does. I think people
forget quickly what he means too this team.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I think people in this newsgroup have their minds made up about
Culpepper, both good and bad, no matter what. I look at it this way.....
Look at his awesome stats from this season, and look how the offense
sucks now. With Tice's revolving door at RB
Tice made Bennett injure himself? He made Onterio smoke weed? He made
Moore sprain his ankle? You have so much insight into what really went
on... You are a fucking genius. Make that a MORON!
Post by Dono Vox
and Linehan's play-calling,
Yup, calling the plays that gave us the #3 offense. It was the players
that did not execute when it counted.
Fuck off.
Dono Vox
2005-01-05 00:57:32 UTC
Fred the Psycho wrote:
You have so much insight into what really went on... You are a fucking
genius. Make that a MORON!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I make a simple post, containing my opinion, whether right or wrong, and
you respond like this? You scare me, Fred. Well, all psychos scare me.

Ha!
Fred
2005-01-05 21:26:44 UTC
Post by Dono Vox
You have so much insight into what really went on... You are a fucking
genius. Make that a MORON!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I make a simple post, containing my opinion, whether right or wrong, and
you respond like this? You scare me, Fred. Well, all psychos scare me.
Ha!
Why did you snip all of the counterpoints to your psycho babble? I am
not the babbling idiot that incoherently spews crap out of my keyboard
daily. When you say psycho, are you looking in the mirror? Your
opinions are based on stupidity and a complete lack of common sense.
It is morons like you that scare me. And you were right. It wa a very
"simple" post. Another simple post by a simple minded asshole. And you
call Mike Tice dumb?
Dono Vox
2005-01-06 14:22:48 UTC
Psycho Fred wrote:
Why did you snip all of the counterpoints to your psycho babble? I am
not the babbling idiot that incoherently spews crap out of my keyboard
daily. When you say psycho, are you looking in the mirror? Your opinions
are based on stupidity and a complete lack of common sense. It is morons
like you that scare me. And you were right. It wa a very "simple" post.
Another simple post by a simple minded asshole. And you call Mike Tice
dumb?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Yep, I expected this typical response from you. You never discuss or
debate with anybody in here in a civil way. Anytime you disagree with
someone, they're called stupid or a dumbass or a moron.

Incoherent? A babbling idiot? That'd be you. If we need any proof, we
can Google up your George Bush rants. You're a beaut!
Fred
2005-01-06 18:42:26 UTC
Post by Fred
Why did you snip all of the counterpoints to your psycho babble? I am
not the babbling idiot that incoherently spews crap out of my keyboard
daily. When you say psycho, are you looking in the mirror? Your opinions
are based on stupidity and a complete lack of common sense. It is morons
like you that scare me. And you were right. It wa a very "simple" post.
Another simple post by a simple minded asshole. And you call Mike Tice
dumb?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Yep, I expected this typical response from you. You never discuss or
debate with anybody in here in a civil way. Anytime you disagree with
someone, they're called stupid or a dumbass or a moron.
Incoherent? A babbling idiot? That'd be you. If we need any proof, we
can Google up your George Bush rants. You're a beaut!
Are you still bitter about losing the election? But seriously, if you
post stupid babble, you should expect to get called out on it. I asked
you some questions in response to your moronic post and all you did in
return is attack me. Sorry Dono... You are act like a first class punk
and take it in the ass like a first class punk, so you must be a first
class punk. Your complete hatred of Tice and the President is amusing.
Do you have a problem with "Real" men? I suppose they don't fit into
your feminized, leftist view of the world.
Dono Vox
2005-01-07 13:52:13 UTC
My buddy Fred wrote:
Your complete hatred of Tice and the President is amusing. Do you have a
problem with "Real" men?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Two things, Fred....... I was in Tice's corner since the day he was
hired. Look it up. I posted several times supporting him. He has since
proven to me he might not be up to the challenge of being a good head
coach. That's my opinion, whether right or wrong. I have also posted
that I think he's a very likable guy. So where is my hatred for him?

Now, where on Earth did I say I was against President Bush? Please
Google and post anything I wrote saying I hate President Bush.

You have the nerve to diss Sir Francis, yet you make up lies about me?
You're as bad as Frannie. Again, please show me a post where I "hate"
Mike Tice or President Bush.
Fred
2005-01-07 23:02:50 UTC
Post by Dono Vox
Your complete hatred of Tice and the President is amusing. Do you have a
problem with "Real" men?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Two things, Fred....... I was in Tice's corner since the day he was
hired. Look it up. I posted several times supporting him. He has since
proven to me he might not be up to the challenge of being a good head
coach. That's my opinion, whether right or wrong. I have also posted
that I think he's a very likable guy. So where is my hatred for him?
Now, where on Earth did I say I was against President Bush? Please
Google and post anything I wrote saying I hate President Bush.
You have the nerve to diss Sir Francis, yet you make up lies about me?
You're as bad as Frannie. Again, please show me a post where I "hate"
Mike Tice or President Bush.
I love how you squirm and play childish games like your buddy
MossToss. You obviously have a problem with Mike Tice and you just
wrote in an earlier post how you would dig up old quotes from me about
the President. It would seem to me that you think my support for him
is bad and that would make you another anti-Bush whiner. And your
continually posting crap filled with hallucinations about how bad Tice
is doing... Going as far as to blame him for the most ridiculous of
things. It does not appear you like him at all and if you do like the
guy it is a funny way to show it. You could express your reservations
about his ability in a more mature manner.
Dono Vox
2005-01-07 14:49:16 UTC
Are you still bitter about losing the election?
**I voted for Bush. You're on the ball, aren't ya?**

But seriously, if you post stupid babble, you should expect to get
called out on it.
**Instead, you just call people names.**

I asked you some questions in response to your moronic post and all you
did in return is attack me.
**You're a liar. You attacked me and called me names first. Only then
did I call you a psycho. Nice try, twirler.**

Sorry Dono... You are act like a first class punk and take it in the ass
like a first class punk, so you must be a first class punk.
**Oh really? Gee, is "take it in the ass" on your mind alot? You, Fred,
are what we call an internet bully. You act tough and tell people to
fuck off and act real brave as long as you can hide behind the internet.
In the real world, you're a little mouse with a temper. Internet bullies
are pathetic. In the real world, they're either a wuss or a psycho.
You're a combination of both, unfortunately.
Fred
2005-01-07 23:10:19 UTC
Post by Fred
Are you still bitter about losing the election?
**I voted for Bush. You're on the ball, aren't ya?**
Maybe you are not as stupid as you come off in your posts.
Post by Fred
But seriously, if you post stupid babble, you should expect to get
called out on it.
**Instead, you just call people names.**
Names? I called you what you are. A moron.
Post by Fred
I asked you some questions in response to your moronic post and all you
did in return is attack me.
**You're a liar. You attacked me and called me names first. Only then
did I call you a psycho. Nice try, twirler.**
Are you illiterate? Try reading my post again and then see if you come
to the same conclusion. It was at the end of the post that I called
you a moron. And as for calling me a twirler, I refuse to join your
band of merry pessimists. You and your like minded buddy Terry can
have your group all to yourselves.
Post by Fred
Sorry Dono... You are act like a first class punk and take it in the ass
like a first class punk, so you must be a first class punk.
**Oh really? Gee, is "take it in the ass" on your mind alot? You, Fred,
are what we call an internet bully. You act tough and tell people to
fuck off and act real brave as long as you can hide behind the internet.
In the real world, you're a little mouse with a temper. Internet bullies
are pathetic. In the real world, they're either a wuss or a psycho.
You're a combination of both, unfortunately.
So what does this make you? You attack me while hiding behind your
keyboard, but then proclaim only me to be the bad guy capable of doing
such a horrendous thing. What's wrong? Can't take any criticism? You
are the bully and a big pussy that can't accept opinions that do not
match your own. It must get frustrating to be all alone in your
delusional world of crap.
Just Me
You're right - Tarkenton sucked, pull his bust out of the HOF...
dasfatkid
2005-01-04 14:25:56 UTC
Post by Just Me
Post by The Legendary SmearMaster
Yep, all those nice stats 'Pep just beat sure did Warren Moon & the
Vikings a whole lotta good back in the day didn't they?
Stats don't mean shit, rings do.
And I don't see him getting a ring this year.
You're right - Tarkenton sucked, pull his bust out of the HOF...
hate to beat a dead horse here guys but we all know how many championships
ol' Fran won...how will he be remembered? "uhhh great stats, no rings" yup,
like that....
Just Me
2005-01-04 18:25:06 UTC
I agree - but my point is: Do you think the Vikes would have made it to the
Super Bowl if we'd had an average QB.

Don't forget - Pull the last 2 years of Elway's career and you have a QB
with great stats but no ring also... Daunte is in year 6(?) now?
Post by dasfatkid
in
like that....
dasfatkid
2005-01-04 19:00:03 UTC
Post by Just Me
I agree - but my point is: Do you think the Vikes would have made it to the
Super Bowl if we'd had an average QB.
Don't forget - Pull the last 2 years of Elway's career and you have a QB
with great stats but no ring also... Daunte is in year 6(?) now?
well, we're not in the Super Bowl yet with Daunte. We could have been
average with a lot of different quarterbacks I imagine. We could play the
whole "Daunte won us this game, lost us that one" rhetoric all day. I don't
wanna scrap the guy at all, I'm just worried about some intangibles, that's
all.

Elway is an interesting case in point. Many football scribes think he single
handedly took the Donks to more than one of the Super Bowls they lost. Not
having a great team caught up with him. Without TD, the Donks don't win
those Super Bowls, no way. Point is, does Culpepper have the skills and
intangibles to single handedly take a team to the next level, ala John
smElway?
Just Me
2005-01-04 21:22:50 UTC
Post by dasfatkid
well, we're not in the Super Bowl yet with Daunte. We could have been
average with a lot of different quarterbacks I imagine. We could play the
whole "Daunte won us this game, lost us that one" rhetoric all day. I don't
wanna scrap the guy at all, I'm just worried about some intangibles, that's
all.
I hear you and agree to an extent. Daunte will put up points during the
game. In fact, if we had a decent defense we would win most of them.
But...If the game is on the line, and he *has* to lead the offense to score,
this offense has shown the ability to self destruct in the critical moments.
Two years (or three - whichever it was that he had that horrible year) ago
Daunte would throw the INT when the game was on the line. Now it is others -
the O-Line, RBs, whoever, but they can't keep digging themselves into a hole
like that. The one knock I have on Daunte is that he always plays like
there is another quarter. In most cases, that is a good thing - ie dump the
ball underneath or throw it away. But when we *have* to score what is the
difference if he gives up a few more interceptions. (we are losing these
games anyway)
Post by dasfatkid
Elway is an interesting case in point. Many football scribes think he single
handedly took the Donks to more than one of the Super Bowls they lost. Not
having a great team caught up with him. Without TD, the Donks don't win
those Super Bowls, no way. Point is, does Culpepper have the skills and
intangibles to single handedly take a team to the next level, ala John
smElway?
I really find it ironic/interesting that Elway at his most talented *lost*
all of his super bowls. When *his talent* declined and the overall *team*
was better, they won two. That is something I wish Tice would get through
his head. If we have the best possible offense we will look like Indy and
still lose games. We need a defense!
dasfatkid
2005-01-04 21:36:38 UTC
Post by dasfatkid
Elway is an interesting case in point. Many football scribes think he single
handedly took the Donks to more than one of the Super Bowls they lost. Not
having a great team caught up with him. Without TD, the Donks don't win
those Super Bowls, no way. Point is, does Culpepper have the skills and
intangibles to single handedly take a team to the next level, ala John
smElway?
I really find it ironic/interesting that Elway at his most talented *lost*
all of his super bowls. When *his talent* declined and the overall *team*
was better, they won two. That is something I wish Tice would get through
his head. If we have the best possible offense we will look like Indy and
still lose games. We need a defense!
You're right about ol' Biff, I never looked at it that way before.

I think part of our problem is that we don't have that proverbial team
cohesion for whatever reason. Our offense makes mistakes at times that make
me wanna crawl up the wall. I think a lot of that is a reflection on
coaching and discipline. Any semblance of a defense would help. ...just a
hint even...
Just Me
2005-01-04 23:24:14 UTC
Maybe everyone succumbed to the hype. The offense played like they thought
they were "high powered" (Meaning no sense of urgency, no heart, like they
they thought they could score anytime). And the defense sure played like
they thought the offense could score every time. This *team* is not a good
one.

(I know, I know, "Thank you, Mr. Obvious")
hint even...
Dono Vox
2005-01-04 12:53:59 UTC
DGS wrote:
With one statement Duante Culpepper has made me not like him anymore.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I think you and Jonathan have misconstrued what he said. He said his
"whole life". I think he's talking about his childhood, ain't he? I know
he had no parents.
dasfatkid
2005-01-04 14:32:25 UTC
Post by DGS
With one statement Duante Culpepper has made me not like him anymore.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I think you and Jonathan have misconstrued what he said. He said his
"whole life". I think he's talking about his childhood, ain't he? I know
he had no parents.
what kind of person claims to "define history?" sheesh... I just think he
was trying a little too hard to sound profound or something...he should just
shut up sometimes and play football.

I don't think Culpepper plays the game conscious of his stats. But, the
longer I watch the more I begin the wonder. Guy comes off the field and all
he's worried about is where the hell his stupid hat is? "Big deal" many will
say. Well, big deal or not, it does beg the question; where's his head? And
for cryin' out loud,for the love of Pete, for whatever, be done with that
stupid traveling call dance and act like you've thrown a few touchdowns
before, or at the very least, come up with something less idiotic...

end rant
Jonathan Schafer
2005-01-05 01:14:39 UTC
Post by DGS
With one statement Duante Culpepper has made me not like him anymore.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I think you and Jonathan have misconstrued what he said. He said his
"whole life". I think he's talking about his childhood, ain't he? I know
he had no parents.
He's certainly had some harsh circumstances in his life, but he's not
defining history. If he had said I've had to overcome obstacles all
my life, that would be one thing. Defining history?

Maybe that's really what he meant, but that's not how it came across.

Jonathan Schafer
Mosstoss
2005-01-05 01:26:36 UTC
Let me ask you what it means too you.

Defining History

Defining
to explain or state the meaning of (a word or phrase).
to describe the nature or essence of
to determine the limits or extent of.
to clearly specify
History
a chronological narrative of past events
the branch of knowledge that deals with past events
the existing written record of past events
past events considered as having little present significance.
Jonathan Schafer
Jonathan Schafer
2005-01-05 05:05:26 UTC
Unfortunately, none of that makes sense in terms of what he said.

Jonathan Schafer

Jonathan Schafer
Mosstoss
2005-01-05 22:04:34 UTC
How can you say that? Put a few of them together and gather a few thoughts.
I seen many combinations that worked with what he said. It sure didnt sound
like he ment anything selfish or hyping himself in any way.
Jonathan Schafer
2005-01-06 00:45:34 UTC
On Wed, 05 Jan 2005 22:04:34 GMT, "Mosstoss"
Post by Mosstoss
How can you say that? Put a few of them together and gather a few thoughts.
I seen many combinations that worked with what he said. It sure didnt sound
like he ment anything selfish or hyping himself in any way.
Maybe you are right. That's just the way it came across to me.

Jonathan Schafer
Sam5212342
2005-01-04 15:25:11 UTC
Post by DGS
With one statement Duante Culpepper has made me not like him anymore.
Way to go dickhead.
yet you'll still love moss even when he's clearly quit in at least a dozen
games in a vikings uni. why do you not hate moss? because you know any white QB
that replaces pep will need him.

it's clear to me that MOSS and his quitter's attitude is the problem and not
pep.
dasfatkid
2005-01-04 16:16:37 UTC
Post by Sam5212342
Post by DGS
With one statement Duante Culpepper has made me not like him anymore.
Way to go dickhead.
yet you'll still love moss even when he's clearly quit in at least a dozen
games in a vikings uni. why do you not hate moss? because you know any white QB
that replaces pep will need him.
it's clear to me that MOSS and his quitter's attitude is the problem and not
pep.
you, Sir, are correct. Moss is A problem, not THE problem. Personally, I'd
advocate trading Moss way before Culpepper. Once a punk, always a punk and
at the very least Daunte is no punk. I think he may have some issues but I'm
not ready to replace the guy yet, unless of course Chad May comes out of
retirement. (that's a joke, Sam, a joke I say...)