How will that tie be tabulated in the end?
i***@home.com
2013-11-28 01:25:14 UTC
How will that tie (score from last Sunday's game) be tabulated in the
end? I know each team gets a certain amount of points at the end of the
season which places them. Of course the top teams go to the superbowl.
But how is this tied score going to be used in the final points for each
team? Actually, I did not know it was possible to get a tied score. I
thought that the teams would play until one of them wins. I suppose
they do this because of lack of television viewing time, after a
scheduled game time. But it really dont seem fair.

Anyhow, getting back to those final point scores. Does this game do
nothing, as if it was never played, or does each team get one half a
point, or what?

I'm no football expert, particularly when it comes to the rules, so this
has me puzzled.
RJ
2013-11-28 14:47:03 UTC
Post by i***@home.com
How will that tie (score from last Sunday's game) be tabulated in the
end?
Say Green Bay finishes 9-1-6 (9 wins 1 tie and 6 losses).
Then they would have a better record than teams that are 9-7 but of
course be behind the 10-6 teams.