Where Are You Vikings Fans?
Lawrence Ressler
2012-10-10 19:33:36 UTC
The Minnesota Vikings are playing good football at the start of this
season, and are tied for the lead in the NFC North Division with the
Chicago Bears.

Why isn't anyone posting about this team?
What do you think about your starting quarterback's performance on the
field?

How is Adrian Peterson playing during the start of this new season?

What about the Vikings defensive line and secondary? What do you think
of their performances on the field?

How do you think the new Vikings head coach and coaching staff are
doing? Do any changes in strategy need to be made, or are they doing
just fine?
Scaly Lizard
2012-10-11 05:48:40 UTC
On Wed, 10 Oct 2012 15:33:36 -0400, the ill-informed
Post by Lawrence Ressler
The Minnesota Vikings are playing good football at the start of this
season, and are tied for the lead in the NFC North Division with the
Chicago Bears.
Why isn't anyone posting about this team?
What do you think about your starting quarterback's performance on the
field?
How is Adrian Peterson playing during the start of this new season?
What about the Vikings defensive line and secondary? What do you think
of their performances on the field?
How do you think the new Vikings head coach and coaching staff are
doing? Do any changes in strategy need to be made, or are they doing
just fine?
We know better, and "back to reality" time starts this week. Nice
while it lasted, tho.

SL
RJ
2012-10-15 00:30:27 UTC
Secondary has always been suspect going back many years. I don't know
why they don't do more to fix it. D line not creating much havoc on
QB except Allen occassionally. Need to blitz more, especially to
cover the poor secondary. Ponder is overated. He throws a good 5 to
7 yard pass, not good deeper.
No deep threat. Our only true consistent playmaker is Harvin.
RJ
just fine?
RJ
2012-10-15 00:34:44 UTC
Also play calling is too predictable, which is the coaches fault.
Too often it's Run run, and then pass on third down in the early game.
By the 4th Qtr, we pass more when are trying to catch up, and do
better, but should have played like that the whole game.
RJ
just fine?
Lawrence Ressler
2012-10-15 07:50:56 UTC
I get the impression that the Vikings coaching staff is trying to depart
from the CFL style of play calling (which is to pass the ball in order
to set up the run). Bud Grant brought that philosophy from the CFL to
the Vikings back in the day, and it was very successful.

Perhaps the speed of the modern defensive lineman makes that kind of
play calling unworkable today because the receivers can't get downfield
and open fast enough before the quarterback is sacked behind the line of
scrimmage.

Can an NFL franchise make Grant's style of offensive attack work in the
modern game of NFL football?
RJ
2012-10-19 01:15:53 UTC
Even if that's the case, if they wait until 3rd down to pass, it will
just be that much tougher. Might as well pass on first down more
often, when defenses aren't expecting it as much. That's my feeling
anyway. A short pass on first down is ok, it doesn't have to be deep.
I do think the Vikings need to try a couple more deep passes during
the game though, even if incomplete.
RJ.
modern game of NFL football?
i***@airpost.net