Brees sac and Vikes vs Falcons review
RJ
2014-09-27 14:43:28 UTC
Our defense does seem improved, but they have to play smarter.
Last week when Munnerlyn got the sac on Brees at the critical moment I
knew right away they might throw the flag on that because he appeared
to be thrown down by the head. With the Vikings and radio announcer
all celebrating, I was thinking they blew it as I figured a flag had
to be forthcoming. Turned it I was right. In that situation
defenders have to learn to tackle smarter. In fact, if he would of
just held on to Brees in a bear hug, for just a second longer, the
refs likely would have blown the whistle for in the grasp. Brees was
going to do nothing while in the bear hug, it was just stupidity to
throw him down like that. Munnerlyn's later said it was a bad call,
but I think it was only a questionable call, and still a bad play on
his part as he did not need to do that and risk a penalty. .
Although technically Brees landed on his upper back, it could easily
appear to a ref that he was thrown down by the head.
Munnerlyn's said not all QB's would get that call. He may be right.
All the more reason to be carefull how you tackle Brees, so he has
to learn that.

Now Vikes vs Falcons.
I think we lose this game too. The main reason is not so much our
defense anymore. Except for one mistake by Munnerlyn last week, they
played pretty well. The reason will be our offense. I have very
seldom seen a rookie QB light up the scoreboard on his first start. I
don't think Bridgewater will be any different. I think we lose
something like 27 to 16.
RJ
2014-09-28 23:32:46 UTC
Bridgewater surprised me, played great for a rookie start. He had alot
of help though, which is good. We might have a future with him if
his ankle is ok. So much for Ponder being history. Everyone said he
was done, but you never know about injuries
bringing someone in.